01. THE BUBBLEMEN - THE BUBBLEMEN ARE COMING
02. 400 BLOWS - PRESSURE (Club Pressure)
03. CABARET VOLTAIRE - SECONDS TOO LATE
04. NEON - VOICES
05. PETE SHELLEY - WITNESS THE CHANGE (Dub)
06. SHOCK - DREAM GAMES
07. EXECUTIVE SLACKS - THE BUS
08. ANALYSIS - SURFACE TENSION
09. NITZER EBB - CONTROL I'M HERE (Clouston's Controlled Edit)
10. DAF - BROTHERS
11. PORTION CONTROL - DIVIDED
12. STANTON MIRANDA - WHEELS OVER INDIAN TRAILS (DUB)
13. JAH WOBBLE - INVADERS OF THE HEART (Exotic Decadent Disco mix)
14. SPK - METAL DANCE
15. FINI TRIBE - DE TESTIMONY (Collapsing Edit)
01. ALIEN SEX FIEND - UNDER THE THUNDER (Ignore The Dub)
02. HARD CORPS - JE SUIS PASSEE (Dub)
03. NAKED LUNCH - SLIPPING AGAIN
04. SECESSION - TOUCH (Part 4)
05. SEVERED HEADS - DEAD EYES OPENED
06. THE CAGE feat. NONA HENDRYX - DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO (Dub)
07. YELLO - YOU GOTTA SAY YES TO ANOTHER EXCESS (UK promo 12" version)
08. LEDERNACKEN - AMOK!
09. NASH THE SLASH - WOMBLE
10. JOHN CARPENTER & ALAN HOWARTH - THE DUKE ARRIVES
11. DISENO CORBUSIER - GOLPE DE AMISTAD
12. SCHLAFLOSE NACHTE - MOVE
13. 23 SKIDOO - COUP (IN THE PLACE)
ATTENTION: ERROR ON THE TRACKLIST OF THE FIRST CD RUN
Unfortunately there is an error in the order of the tracks of CD2 of the first run of the CD. If you see a wrong trackorder on your second CD we can send you a replacement disc, please drop us an email here.
Sorry for any inconveniences.
Echoing elements of his renowned DJ Kicks mix from 2003, Jackson draws here on specials that have peppered his DJ sets for almost two decades. 'Metal Dance' mines deep and hones in on the more underground and danceable side of industrial, post-punk and EBM (Electronic Body Music), a phrase coined by Ralf Hütter of Kraftwerk but honed by later bands like DAF and Front 242 as socialist realist aesthetics were dragged onto the dancefloor during the mid-'80s. Jackson cherry-picks classics and rarities from this era, including a new edit of Nitzer Ebb favourite 'Control I'm Here' (sampled on Quartz' rave classic 'Meltdown'), the cold dance of Analysis' 'Surface Tension', Neon's dark 'Voices', re-interpreting a Master C&J riff from the early days of Chicago house, and hard-hitting dubs from Pete Shelley, Alien Sex Fiend and more. Herein lie sounds that have heavily influenced today's crop of artists – from LCD Soundsystem and The Knife to Factory Floor and Hot Chip.
Elsewhere on the album, Jackson brings in unexpected gems – a track from cult John Carpenter film 'Escape From New York' re-edited by Klein & MBO's Mario Boncaldo, a lost album track by avant garde Spanish artist Diseno Corbusier and a UK promo-only mix of Yello's 'You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess'.
Following his award-winning graphic design work for Soulwax and fresh from projects with car giants Lexus and legendary Italian clothing brand Stone Island, Jackson draws on his considerable status as an artist and graphic designer with some stunning package graphics on 'Metal Dance'. The album is released as a deluxe digipak (2CD), gatefold (2LP) and digital.
07/04/2012 - Electron Festival, Geneva, Switzerland
14/04/2012 - Trabendo, Paris, France
21/04/2012 - Baby Bathhouse, London, UK
04/05/2012 - Land of the Kings, London UK
14-16/06/2012 - Sonar Festival, Barcelona, Spain
06/07/2012 - Dancity Festival, Folegno, Italy